Sunday, September 17, 2006
Hayley & Volleyball
We are not a sports family. However, Hayley is the most physical of the kids and it seems like the sports outlet will be good for her. At a recent Girl Scout event, Hayley had a chance to learn and play volleyball. She liked it so the coach that taught her gave us links to the US Youth Volleyball League.
We signed Hayley up for a fall volleyball league. It started last week Tuesday. Yesterday was the first practice that I got to go to (I am an Asst. Coach and First Aider for our group). Hayley had a lot of fun and seems to be doing well. It is a 4 person co-ed team. One boy didn't show up due to a conflict, so we had one boy and two girls. I think I had the best workout since I was chasing balls while the other coach was helping them with drills. This is not a complaint -- I need the workout time! Maybe this will be better for me than for Hayley.
The last game is right around Halloween, so this isn't a big committment on our part yet. If it goes well, then it might lead to other sports for our family.
We signed Hayley up for a fall volleyball league. It started last week Tuesday. Yesterday was the first practice that I got to go to (I am an Asst. Coach and First Aider for our group). Hayley had a lot of fun and seems to be doing well. It is a 4 person co-ed team. One boy didn't show up due to a conflict, so we had one boy and two girls. I think I had the best workout since I was chasing balls while the other coach was helping them with drills. This is not a complaint -- I need the workout time! Maybe this will be better for me than for Hayley.
The last game is right around Halloween, so this isn't a big committment on our part yet. If it goes well, then it might lead to other sports for our family.
Labels: Hayley, Volleyball